Advice & Information for Exam Day
1. EACH DAY DURING EXAMINATIONS
Check and (re-check) your personal timetable. Keep this safe as the timings are different from the timetable on the SQA website due to the earlier start/finish of St Modan’s school day!
Know what paper and level you are sitting and the examination room.
- GAMES HALL (ACH007)
- RUBER AURUM SUITE (ACH101)
- LEARNING RESOURCE CENTRE (PSD 110)
Bring ALL equipment i.e. pens, pencils, eraser, ruler, CALCULATOR Have all equipment IN YOUR HAND before entering hall .
2. EXAM PAPER: FORMAL ROUTINES
- Focused formal attitude is essential to success – full and Proper Uniform
- Have a proper exam breakfast – avoid junk food
- Talk about the subject to other candidates i.e. type of question, exam techniques etc. to build focus
- Visualise Paper – think about what is ahead of you
- Be at Examination Room – with 10 minutes to go
- The examination prayer will calm you before start and build focus
ALWAYS FOLLOW THE DIRECT INSTRUCTION OF THE SQA INVIGILATORS!
INVIGILATORS ARE HIRED BY THE SQA TO OVERSEE EXAMINATIONS AND TO ENSURE THAT ALL CANDIDATES FOLLOW STRICT EXAMINATION CODES OF CONDUCT & BEHAVIOUR